Graphite showings at the Property were first discovered after the 1898 Cape Nome gold rush and have been reported under several names including the Uncle Sam, Tweet and Kigluaik graphite deposits. The deposits were intermittently mined from 1907 to 1920 with some 580 tonnes of hand-sorted graphite mined from talus and adits (small <10 m excavations into exposed outcrop) that penetrated high-grade graphitic zones. Prior to Graphite One’s interest, the deposits were last explored during the mid-1990s when mapping, sampling and mineralogical (thin section, polished section and XRD) work was conducted. The graphite showings were never drill tested prior to the Company’s 2012 exploration program.

Sign up for the latest news and updates